Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Filing Cabinet

Ok, so my brain, as temperamental as it is, has to store a lot of information. As I am sure yours does. I mean think about it for a minute. All the stuff floating around up there just waiting for you to need it. A lot of it is useless information too. And I mean useless, not even the good stuff you could use in a trival pursuit game and come off looking like you are a smartie.
You have to know dates--birthdays, anniversaries--my mother-in-law can give you the death date of anyone of the realatives no matter how far back.
You have to know numbers--phone numbers, pin numbers, social security numbers, lunch numbers, insurance numbers and the list goes on and on
You have to remember the calendar--who has meetings, when are the meetings, volleyball, dance, scouts, activiy days and so on

My brain also retains all the floor plans of the stores I frequent. I can go in and walk right to what I need. Get it. And get out. This is where my gripe comes in.
Last week I was on such an errand to 3 stores. Sam's, Walmart and Macey's. I park in the parking lot and without my knowing it my brain pulls the Sam's floor plan and begins to plot out the fastest course to the diapers. In I go---then my brain begins to protest WHAT??? Where the diapers should have been were now the trash bags. Crap!! (sorry) So what would have taken me 3 minutes now takes me close to 15. Finally, out and on to Wal-mart. Now I know most of you are aware of the remodeling that has been going on....I, I'm not sure how I did it, have not been into Wal-mart for a very long time. Again, I pull in and my brain goes to work. I go in and not even think about it and walk to what I need--where I thought it was. My brain is now wondering what the heck is going on? My 30 minutes trips takes me over an hour. Needless to say I am not very happy at this point. On to my last stop--Macey's. I only need one thing here. Just one. My brain is already a little weary after the first two stops and in I go to Macey's. My brain is suspecting the worst so as soon as I walk in and see that they have changed the whole front--utter chaos insues.
Now, I realize that the stores may feel they need to liven up our life by switching things up but really just leave things they way they are then I can keep my sanity.

2 comments:

  1. I just went to Walmart today and felt the same way. Now it will takes months to figure out where everything is. Too funny. I can't believe you hit three in one day. That is a lot of shopping.
    So where are the diapers now? I have to get more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!! But they do it so you'll pass by other stuff while looking for what you need then maybe you'll buy more than you intended. Sneaky retailers!!

    ReplyDelete